PALEO PUMPKIN BARS
PALEO PUMPKIN BARS | #Paleofallrecipes #Glutenfreedesserts #Healthyrecipes #Dessertrecipes #Glutenfreebaking #Healthydesserts #Glutenfreedesserts #Glutenfreebaking #Glutenfreecooking #Glutenfreesweets #Glutenfreeeating #Glutenfreetreats
- Paleo Pumpkin Bars:
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Maple Frosting:
- 1 1/4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter ghee, or coconut oil, softened
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut milk
- To make the bars, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line an 8x8 baking dish and set aside.
- Combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium to large microwave safe bowl, add the coconut oil and almond butter together. Place in the microwave and heat on high for 30 seconds. Stir well and place back in the microwave to heat completely. Remove from microwave and stir until combined. Add the coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and almond milk to the almond butter and coconut oil and stir until well-combined. Add the pumpkin puree and stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until center is set. Bars will be slightly moist. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes then place the bars in the pan in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to a few days.
- While the bars are cooling, prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl, beat the grass-fed butter or ghee until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, coconut flour, coconut milk and coconut sugar and beat will until combined, about 2 minutes. If you're using ghee add an additional tablespoon of coconut flour. When bars are completely cool, remove them from the pan and cover them with the frosting. Chill in the refrigerator again for 15 minutes. Cut and enjoy! Or keep in the refrigerator for up to one week or in he freezer for one month.
Recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.9/5 based on 837 customer reviews