#Ideasyoumightlove #Roundsteakandgravy #Buntcakerecipes #Dinnerideasfamilymaindishes #Dinnerrecipesforfamilymaindishes #Twinkiebundtcake #Healthyraspberryrecipes #Starbucksblueberryscones #Dessertrecipes #Sweetbread #Cookingrecipes #Breakfastbreads #Coffeecake
CHOCOLATE CHIP SCONES
- FOR THE SCONES
- 2 cups (250g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster/granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (85g) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 cup (125g) icing/powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk
- For the Scones
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and, using a pastry cutter, fork, or your fingertips, work it into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. You may also use a food processor. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, cream, and vanilla until combined. Pour into the flour mixture and gently fold in until a soft dough is formed. Do not overmix.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and shape into an 8-inch round disc. Cut into 8 wedges, and transfer them to the prepared baking tray.
- Lightly brush each scone with heavy cream, then bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool slightly whilst preparing the glaze.
- For the Glaze
- Whisk together the icing sugar and milk until smooth and runny. Drizzle over warm or room temperature scones and enjoy!
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.7/5 based on 153 customer reviews