VANILLA CUSTARD COOKIE CUPS | #VANILLA #CUSTARD #COOKIE #CUPS #Pineapple_sugar_cookies #Pineapple_cookies_decorated #Twix_cookies #Cookie_cups_recipe #Mini_desserts #Chocolate_chip_cookie_cups #Custard_tart #Custard_filling #Custard_recipe #Dessert_recipes #Cooking_recipes #Delicious_desserts
VANILLA CUSTARD COOKIE CUPS
- Cookie Cups:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Vanilla Custard:
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 regular sized muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar on med-high until pale and fluffy (approx. 2-3mins). Reduce speed and add eggs (one at a time), and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop (3 Tbsp), scoop dough into muffin tins, press down to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 mins or until lightly browned and mostly set.
- Remove from oven and immediately use a small jar or container to press firmly down in the center to create a well. Cool in pans for 10 mins, then place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Place 3 cups milk and vanilla bean paste into a medium saucepan. Cook over high heat, stirring often until it just starts to simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk remaining 1 cup milk, egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch.
- While whisking vigorously, slowly pour the hot milk into the egg mixture.
- Return mixture to saucepan and cook over high heat, whisking constantly, until it thickens and comes to a boil.
- Pass through a strainer and into a small bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on top of custard to prevent a skin from forming. Place in refrigerator to cool completely.
- Whisk custard to a smooth texture and pipe into cooled cookie cups. Top with fruit if desired.
- Store in fridge and serve within two days.