Sweet and Sour Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs | #Sweet and #Sour #Hawaiian #Chicken #Kabobs #Bbqrecipes #Cookingrecipes #Chickendishes #Grilledchickenrecipes #Chickenskewers #Fooddishes #Cookingrecipes #Chickendishes #Yummyfood #Seafoodrecipes #Maindishrecipes #Seafooddishes
Sweet and Sour Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs
- 2 pounds chicken breasts chopped into 1 1/2" cubes (4-6 chicken breasts)
- 1 fresh pineapple, chopped into 1 1/2” pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Sweet and Tangy Marinade/Glaze
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple juice*
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Note: If using wooden skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes in water before grilling or broiling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk Sweet and Tangy Marinade/Glaze ingredients together. Add 1/4 cup of this Marinade to a large freezer bag along with chicken and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Toss to evenly coat. Marinate in the refrigerator 1-4 hours.
- Add 2 tablespoons Marinade to a large bowl along with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add pineapple and veggies and toss to coat. Refrigerate. Refrigerate remaining Glaze separately ("Reserved Glaze").
- When ready to cook, drain marinade from chicken and thread chicken, peppers and onions onto skewers.
- Add reserved Sweet and Tangy Glaze to a small saucepan and whisk in 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Bring to a boil (either on grill or stovetop) and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes (it will continue to thicken upon standing). Set aside.
- TO GRILL: Generously grease grill and heat to medium-high heat. Grill chicken kabobs for approximately 12-15 minutes, rotating every couple minutes until nicely browned and slightly charred on each side and chicken is cooked through. Brush kabobs with Sweet and Tangy Glaze.
- TO OVEN BROIL: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add the chicken kabobs in a single layer and broil, turning every 5 minutes until cooked through, about 10- 15 minutes depending on thickness of chicken. Brush cooked chicken with Sweet and Tangy Glaze.
- Serve with rice.