Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas | #Roasted #Sweet #Potato and #BlackBean #Quesadillas #Veganrecipeshealthy #Veganrecipeseasy #Cheapveganmeals #Veganrecipesbeginner #Bestveganrecipes #Vegandiet #Vegetariandishes #Meatlessmeals #Vegetarianveganrecipes #Vegandinners #Healthyrecipes #Veggiedishes
Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 4 White Flour Tortilla Wraps
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or to preference)
- 1/2 can of Black Beans, rinsed
- 2 Large handfuls of Cheddar
- Juice from 1/2 a Lime
- Salt & Black Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil (see note A)
- Extras 'n' optionals:
- Fresh Coriander
- Extra Limes
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 200c (390f).
- Place your spuds in a suitably sized oven dish and give them a good drizzle of Oil. Add in your Smoked Paprika, Cumin, Ground Coriander, Cayenne Pepper, Salt & Pepper and give them a mix to completely coat them. Pop in the oven for a good 25-30mins or until softened with a caramelized outing.
- When the dish has cooled down a little, grab a potato masher and roughly smash your Sweet Potatoes. Don't mash it into oblivion, you want to keep some of the crispy parts of the potato. Place to one side.
- Take a Tortilla and lightly brush one side of it with Oil. Place on a griddle or regular pan oiled side face down, making sure the gas is turned off. Spread on half of your Sweet Potato mash, top with half your Black Beans, 1 Handful of Cheese and a squeeze of Lime Juice. Place a second Tortilla on top, press down to contain the filling and lightly brush the top with Oil.
- At this point turn the hob onto a medium heat and fry for around 6-8 mins on each side, or until nice and golden. If you tap on the Quesadillas it should sound slightly hollow and crunchy.
- Serve with any additional toppings and sides (suggestions in ingredients). Enjoy!