Queso Smothered Chicken | #chicken #chickenrecipes #chickendinner #easyrecipe #easyfoodrecipes #simplerecipes #healthyfood #healthyrecipes #goodfood #Cookingrecipes #Poultryrecipes #Fooddishes #Yummydinners #Yummyfood #Cookingrecipes #Chickendishes #Garlicchicken #Fooddishes #Chickenbreast
Queso Smothered Chicken
- 1 bottle Lawry's Baja Chipotle 30 minute marinade (or Mesquite)
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Southwest Seasoning or chili powder
- 1 (8-oz) package Velveeta, diced
- 1 (10-oz) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Pour Baja Chipotle Marinade over chicken and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight. When ready, grill chicken until done (165 degrees).
- While the chicken is grilling prepare the orzo.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add orzo. Cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Stir in Southwestern Seasoning or chili powder, tomato paste and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine diced tomatoes & green chiles (undrained) and Velveeta in a medium bowl. Heat on HIGH in the microwave in 30 second intervals until cheese is melted.
- To assemble the Queso Smothered Chicken - place 1/4 of the orzo on a plate, top with grilled chicken. Pour 3-4 Tbsp cheese dip over chicken and orzo.