- 1, 3-5 pound pork shoulder (mine was 3.75 lbs. bone-in or no bone both work fine)
- Garlic Powder
- Your favorite barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- Slider buns
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 garlic clove)
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives (I used Gourmet Herbs slightly dried chives)
- Generously season the pork shoulder with salt, pepper and garlic powder, and rub pork shoulder with your favorite barbecue sauce (I used a pastry brush to help me do this). Place in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4-5 hours). Once cooked, remove pork shoulder and slightly shred - discard any fatty parts. Careful not to shred the pork too much - you want nice chunks of pork on your sandwich. Add about ½ cup to 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce and gently mix.
- To make the aioli, add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Toast the slider buns in the oven at 375 for a few minutes until crispy.
- Assemble sliders by adding the pork on the bun and topping with a dollop of aioli.