Pecan Praline Blondies | #Pecan #Praline #Blondies #Dessertbars #Sweetrecipes #Eatdessert #Cookiedesserts #Cakecookies #Yummysweets #Cookiedesserts #Dessertrecipes #Cakecookies #Yummycookies #Sweetrecipes #Monstercookies
Pecan Praline Blondies
- FOR BLONDIES:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- FOR PRALINE ICING:
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil, extending the sides of the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- To make the blondies: In a medium/large sauce pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the brown sugar until combined. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes. After it's cooled off a little, whisk in the eggs and the vanilla until combined. Lastly, whisk in the salt, baking powder and flour until a soft batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for approx. 19-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Wipe out the sauce pot and return it to the stove. To make the praline icing: Add the butter and brown sugar to the sauce pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add in the heavy cream and bring back up to a boil. Immediately remove from the heat and cool slightly, about 10-15 minutes. Once cooled off a little bit, add in the powdered sugar. Fold in the pecans.
- Working quickly, spread the praline icing over the blondie base in an even layer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set the icing before cutting into bars.