Honey Rosemary Grapefruit Sodas | #Honey #Rosemary #Grapefruit #Sodas #Summerdrinks #Drinkphotography #Grapefruitrosemaryfizz #Blackberrycocktail #Summerfood #Cocktaildrinks #Traditionalmexicanfood #Homemadehorchata #Raspberrylimeade #Mexicanfoodauthentic #Grapefruitrosemaryfizz #Mexicanricedrinkrecipes
Honey Rosemary Grapefruit Sodas
- for the rosemary grapefruit simple syrup (makes about 1-1/2 cups):
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 large strips of grapefruit zest
- 2–3 large sprigs of fresh rosemary for the honey rosemary grapefruit sodas:
- 1–2 parts rosemary simple syrup
- 2 parts fresh grapefruit juice
- 3–4 parts sparkling water (I like LaCroix)
- ice/fresh rosemary sprigs/grapefruit slices for serving/garnish
Instructionsmake the rosemary grapefruit simple syrup:
Heat the water, sugar, honey, and grapefruit juice in a medium sauce pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
Add the grapefruit zest and rosemary, and let gently simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and steep for up to an hour.
Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a glass jar, and chill before serving. Can be made in advance, and stored in the refrigerator for about a week.
make the honey rosemary grapefruit sodas:
To serve, fill a highball glass with ice. Add the rosemary simple syrup and fresh grapefruit juice. Stir to combine. Top with soda/sparkling water.
Garnish with grapefruit slices and/or a sprig of rosemary. Serve and enjoy!