Food Court Bourbon Chicken Copycat Recipe #Food #Court #Bourbon #Chicken #Copycat #Recipes #Chicken_recipes_healthy #Chicken_lo_mein_recipe #Healthy_dinner_recipes #Easy_dinner_recipes #Stuffed_chicken_recipes #Lo_mein_noodles
Food Court Bourbon Chicken Copycat Recipe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 LB chicken thighs, skinless.
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (I used 4 turns on the pepper mill)
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 1/3 Cup Bourbon (or whatever brown whiskey you have sitting around. Dark rum would probably work too). If you don’t keep alcohol in your house you can substitute apple juice or cranberry juice. If you use juice, use a little less brown sugar. It really is delicious with just apple juice and no Bourbon.
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar (white wine vinegar or plain white vinegar would do if you don’t have rice vinegar)
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tbsp cold water
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1 inch pieces, and remove any excess fat or skin.
- In a small bowl combine the ginger, pepper, soy sauce, whisky, water, garlic, vinegar and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan or skillet heat the oil on medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until the juices have cooked off and the chicken starts to brown, about 8-10 minutes. Stir the chicken every 1-2 minutes so it doesn’t burn and browns evenly.
- Add the bourbon mixture and stir well. Allow the liquid to come to a boil and then turn the heat down to medium. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes. Don’t rush this as you want the alcohol to cook off from the whiskey.
- Add in the cornstarch liquid and stir briskly. The sauce will thicken quickly.
- Serve over rice.