Dump-and-Bake Healthy Chicken Parmesan | #Dump-and-Bake #Healthy #Chicken #Parmesan #Cookingrecipes #Fooddishes #Bakeddishes #Easydinnerrecipes #Chickendinner #Casserolerecipes #Cookingrecipes #Fooddishes #Chickendishes #Yummydinners #Easymeals #Pastarecipes
Dump-and-Bake Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 24 ounces total)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce (I like to use a brand with no added sugar)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil or additional fresh herbs for garnish
- Optional: cooked pasta for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking dish (about 9-inch by 13-inch) with cooking spray. Spread half of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the dish. Add the chicken on top of the sauce. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. If you are using larger chicken breasts you will need to increase the baking time to at least 30-35 minutes.
- Remove foil, place mozzarella slices and grated Parmesan on top of chicken. Return chicken to the oven (uncovered) for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.