Coconut flour crepes | #Coconut #flour #crepes #Nocarbdiets #Ketodietrecipes #Lowcarbketo #Ketogenicdiet #Ketobread #Ketorecipeseasy #Ketodietrecipes #Ketorecipeseasy #Nocarbdiets
Coconut flour crepes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk or water
- 1/4 cup coconut cream melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract - optional for savory filling
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon almond meal also known as almond flour/ground almond
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients in this order: eggs, melted coconut oil, almond milk, coconut cream, vanilla extract, coconut flour and almond meal
- Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat until a smooth batter form with no lumps. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the coconut flour to soak the liquid and thicken the batter slightly.
- Heat a lightly oil mini egg pan over medium/high heat. I used coconut oil that I rub on the pan with a piece of absorbent paper. My pan is a mini non stick egg pan size 4.7 inches (12 cm). I recommend a small saucepan of this size to make perfect crepes that won't break.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the crepe batter onto the pan, then tip and rotate the pan gently to spread batter as thinly as possible. Brown on one side first, cook 2-3 minutes until the sides are crispy and un stick easily from the pan. The center should be set and dry before you flip over to avoid the crepe to break.
- Brown on other sides about 1-2 minutes and serve hot with your favorite fillings - see recipe note for inspiration.