Really easy to make and quick since I used rotisserie chicken. I added mushrooms and a bit of poultry seasoning for a bit of flavour #Chickenandbaconrecipes #Hamburgermeatrecipeseasy #Chickenpotpiepasta #Hamburgermeatrecipeshealthy #Supperideas #Dinnerideasfamily
CHICKEN POT PIE NOODLE SKILLET
- 10 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- Cook noodles al dente, according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, and peas and carrots; season with the salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes until onions are soft and translucent. Stir in the flour until combined.
- Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Stir occasionally until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the skillet, along with the chicken. Taste and season with a touch more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve hot and enjoy!