Beef Tips and Gravy Slow Cooker | #Beef #Tips and #Gravy #Slow #Cooker #Crockpot_recipes_easy #Crock_pot_meals #Ground_beef_crockpot_recipes #Easy_crockpot_meals #Goulash_recipes_crockpot #Beef_tips_crock_pot_recipes #Cooking_recipes #Crockpot_dishes #Crock_pot_slow_cooker #Crock_pot_cooking #Crockpot_dinner #Casserole_recipes
Beef Tips and Gravy Slow Cooker
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds stew meat or chuck roast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules Gravy
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tsps tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme The Rest
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- Chunk meat into 1 inch cubes, pat dry with paper towels, then season with salt, pepper, and garlic granules.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, and add beef to skillet, browning it on all sides. Try not to stir too much so you can get a nice sear and a good crust.
- Transfer beef to a 6-QT crock pot. Leave any juices in skillet for gravy.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, to the juices in skillet, and add in your onions, minced garlic and mushrooms. Quick saute for 3-5 minutes until mushrooms start to release their juices, then add mushrooms, garlic, and onions to slow cooker. Leave any juices in pan.
- Return pan to medium high heat and add an additional 1 Tbs of butter to the pan juices (2 if you accidentally poured the juices into your slow cooker). Let butter melt.
- While still over heat, whisk flour into the butter, until a thick paste has formed. Then add the beef broth, dry red wine, worcestershire, red wine vinegar, tomato paste and herbs stirring it all together.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and allow gravy to simmer until thickened to the consistency of thick gravy.
- Pour gravy into slow cooker, and stir.
- Place lid on slow cooker, and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-7 hours, until beef is tender. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, pasta or rice.