SUPER SIMPLE MAC & CHEESE ITALIAN STYLE | #Groundturkeyrecipesfordinnerhealthy #Groundturkeyskillet #Fudgeswirledoreobottomcheesecake #Bananapuddinglasagna #Turkeygroundmeatrecipes #Turkeymeatrecipeshealthy #Slowcookermacandcheese #Macaroniandcheesecrockpot #Cookingrecipes #Easydinnerrecipes #Crockpotmacandcheeserecipeeasy #Creamymacandcheeserecipe
SUPER SIMPLE MAC & CHEESE ITALIAN STYLE
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk (2% is good too)
- 1 pound dry mini penne pasta
- 8 ounces of Italian blend shredded cheese (*see below to make your own blend)
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning (I prefer McCormick Tuscan Style Italian Seasoning)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, cook pasta according to package directions, to al dente. Drain pasta once it is cooked and set aside. Work on the next step while your pasta is cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt butter, add flour and Italian seasoning and whisk for about 2 minutes to cook out the 'flour-y' taste. Add milk and continue to whisk occasionally, allowing the mixture to thicken. Add cheeses and whisk until fully combined.
- Pour cheese sauce over strained pasta and stir to combine. Sauce will thickens as it sits.
- Serve and enjoy!