Pineapple Chicken and Rice
Pineapple Chicken and Rice | #Pineapplechickenandrice #Chickenwingrecipes #Cornandblackbeansaladrecipe #Sheetpanmeals #Cornblackbeansaladrecipe #Mexicansaladrecipes #Quickdinnerrecipes #Ricerecipesfordinner #Pineapplechickenwithrice #Teriyakichickeneasyrecipes #Chickenoverricerecipes #Summerdinnerrecipes
- 1 and half pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can 20 oz. sliced pineapple save the juice for the sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 servings of cooked rice.
- Season chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat brown the chicken in the vegetable oil.
- Drain pineapple slices and reserve the juice.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 oz. of the pineapple juice and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining juice with mustard, honey, and garlic.
- Add dijon mixture to the pan, reduce heat and cover.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and add to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and return chicken to the pan. Flip chicken in the pan to get it nice and coated with the sauce.
- Add pineapple slices to pan (on top of chicken and around the chicken) cover for 2-3 minutes to allow pineapple to heat through.
- Serve over rice..