OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST RECIPE | #Applepiefrenchtoastcasserole #Frenchtoastbakequick #Cremebruleefrenchtoast #Breakfastcasserolerecipes #Baconstuffedfrenchtoast #Creamcheesefrenchtoast #Blueberryfrenchtoastcasserole #Frenchtoastbakequick #Blueberrybreakfastcasserole #Breakfastideasforacrowd #Bakedfrenchtoastcasserole #Brunchideasforacrowd
OVERNIGHT FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
- FRENCH TOAST:
- 1 loaf day old french bread (sour dough or challah work great too, about 10 cups)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 7 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter (cubed)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup berries (I used frozen)
- Grease a 9×13″ casserole dish and set aside.
- Cut the french bread loaf into cubes and layer evenly in the pan. You should have about 2 layers. Beat the milk, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium size bowl. Then pour evenly over the bread, making sure it covers each piece. Cover with foil and refrigerate over night, or at least 3 hours.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the butter, flour and brown sugar with a pastry cutter or two knives. Use your hands if needed to make crumbs. Cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F. Add the crumb topping on top of the bread and then evenly disperse the berries on top. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the center is cooked through.
- Enjoy by itself or topped with syrup.