Mozzarella Bruschetta Chicken | #Brownricerecipes #Whitericerecipes #Cookingrecipes #Lowcarbrecipes #Chickendishes #Healthyrecipes #Easychickenrecipes #Familydinnerideas #Basilrecipes #Simpledinnerrecipes #Healthydinnerrecipes #Pastadinnerrecipes
- 4oz mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
- 4 chicken breasts or cutlets (see notes)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- homemade seasoned salt and pepper For the bruschetta topping:
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1 medium-sized garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced tomato (see notes)
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan then turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Turn heat down to medium then simmer and reduce until you can see the bottom of the pot for a second or two after scraping a spatula across it (see photo in post), about 20 minutes. Vinegar will continue to thicken as it cools, FYI. Set aside to cool - can be done a day ahead of time.
- Meanwhile, add ingredients for bruschetta topping in a medium-sized bowl then stir to combine and set aside. Can be done a day ahead of time.
- Place an oven rack directly underneath the broiler then preheat to high.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat then spray with nonstick spray. Season chicken on both sides with homemade seasoned salt and pepper then add to the skillet and saute until golden brown on the bottom, 2-4 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken cutlets/breasts. Turn heat down to medium then flip chicken and saute until nearly cooked through, 4-6 additional minutes, flipping chicken again if necessary. Sometimes I place a lid on top of the skillet if it feels like the chicken is browning too quickly on the outside but still raw on the outside.
- Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons bruschetta topping on top of each piece of chicken followed by 1/4 of the cheese. Transfer skillet under the broiler then broil until cheese is melted. Scoop chicken onto plates then drizzle with balsamic reduction. Serve extra bruschetta topping on the side.
Recipe has been adapted from >>>>> here
Rated 4.8/5 based on 455 customer reviews