Greek Meatballs | #Mousakarecipe #Mousakarecipegreek #Greekrecipesauthentic #Musakarecipe #Middleeasternrecipes #Greekmeatballsrecipe #Califlowermashedpotatoes #Lowcarbstuffedpeppers #Hamburgerandcabbagerecipes #Hamburgermeatrecipes #Cauliflowerrecipesmashed #Greekmeatballs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 6 large mint leaves, finely chopped (spearmint if you can, it's authentic)
- 1 cup / 60g panko breadcrumbs (or use normal)
- 1 egg
- 1 red onion, grated
- 500g / 1 lb beef mince (ground beef) (or lamb!)
- 200g / 6.5oz pork mince (ground pork), or more beef
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano COOKING / SERVING:
- Finely chopped parsley optional, for garnish
- Tzatziki (Note 5) or Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup flour any white
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Grate the onion straight into a large bowl, then add remaining Meatball ingredients. Use your hands to mix well for a few minutes until the mixture is quite smooth and very well combined.
- Optional: Refrigerate for 1 hour - makes them easier to roll + retains round shape when cooking.
- Measure out heaped tablespoons and dollop onto a work surface - should make around 32 - 35. Then roll into balls.
- Heat most of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat (medium if you have a strong gas stove). Use enough oil to cover the surface of the skillet.
- Cook in 2 to 3 batches: Dredge meatballs lightly in flour, shaking off excess, then place in the skillet. Roll them around and cook for 5 - 6 minutes, until nicely browned all over. Remove onto plate, cover to keep warm and repeat with remaining meatballs.
- BAKING: Alternatively, spray generously with oil (preferably olive oil) then bake at 180C/350F for 20 minutes or until browned. The pan frying method is the traditional way and the meatballs are slightly juicier.
- Serve as a starter as part of a mezze platter with pita bread and tzatziki, or make dinner plates by adding a salad like a Greek Salad!
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.5/5 based on 858 customer reviews