Fresh Cherry Cake Recipe From Scratch | #Pumpkindonutsbaked #Falldesserts #Falltreats #Bakingvideos #Fallbakingrecipes #Piecrustdesignseasy #Cherrycobblerwithfreshcherries #Cherrypiefillingrecipeshomemade #Frozencherryrecipes #Cherrycrumbbars #Cherrycrisprecipewithfreshcherries #Sweetcherryrecipes
Fresh Cherry Cake Recipe From Scratch
- vanilla cake
- 3 vanilla beans* (or 3tsp=1tbsp vanilla extract)
- 1/2 cup canola oil or mild vegetable oil (120ml)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar (300g)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temperature (360ml)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (113g)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled (420g)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder cherry pie filling
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (15ml)
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted (1 lbs / 450g)
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar (100g)
- 1/4 cup water (60ml)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch (12g) vanilla buttercream
- 2-4 tbsp heavy whipping cream (30-60ml)
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted (480g)
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature (284g)
- 2 vanilla beans* (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Line the bottom and the sides of two 8" (20cm) baking pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Vanilla Cake Layers In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl with a stand or handheld mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat butter, oil, and sugar until creamy for about 2-3 minutes. Add 1 egg at the time and mix until fully incorporated. Add vanilla* and stir to combine. Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Stir just until combined. Divide batter into the two prepared baking pans equally. Bake for 30-33 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Don't overbake or the cake will be dry. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cherry Pie Filling Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring over medium heat to a boil. Cook for 5-8 minutes until the cherries get soft. Stir constantly. Blend cherries with an immersion blender. Cook another 5-8 minutes or until the filling has thickened and reduced by about 1/3. Stir constantly. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. It will thicken as it cools.
- Vanilla Buttercream In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium speed until super creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup powdered sugar at the time and beat on low speed until combined. When all the sugar is in, beat on medium speed until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in vanilla*. Mix in 1 tbsp heavy cream at the time until you reach your desired consistency. The buttercream should be creamy and fluffy but firm enough to spread. I added exactly 3 tbsp. Add a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Assembling Cut a thin layer off the tops of your cakes to create a flat surface. Then cut each cake in half horizontally. Place one cake layer on a cake stand or serving plate. Spread 1/4 of the buttercream over the cake. The buttercream should be higher around the edges that it holds the cherry filling inside the cake. Layer with 1/3 of the cherry filling (where the buttercream is lower). Repeat two more times. Place last cake layer on top and lightly frost the outside and the sides of the cake with the remaining frosting. Chill 4 hours in the fridge. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 2 days.
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.8/5 based on 444 customer reviews