Easy Tomato Ricotta Tart | #Tomatotartpuffpastry #Tomatophyllotart #Cookingrecipes #Savorytart #Vegetarianrecipes #Savorypie #Cucumberrecipes #Rissotorecipes #Lobsterrisottorecipe #Gordonramseyrecipes #Tomatoandvidaliaonionpie #Cucumbercapresesalad
Easy Tomato Ricotta Tart
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1/4 cup Pecorino cheese grated, packed or Parmesan
- 3 large tomatoes sliced, about 9 slices
- Fresh basil sliced, for garnish
- 1 sheet all-butter puff pastry thawed
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil plus more for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400F and place a baking sheet in the oven to warm while the oven heats up.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and garlic and cook, stirring regularly, until the onion softens and begins to colour. Add about 1 Tbsp water to the pan and stir. Allow to cook, stirring regularly and adding a splash more water as needed, along with a pinch of sugar, until the onions are caramelized. Remove caramelized onions to a clean plate to cool 5-10 minutes before proceeding.
- Place thawed puff pastry sheet on a sheet of parchment paper. Scatter caramelized onions and garlic evenly over pastry, leaving about 1/2-3/4 inches of the edges bare. Spoon dollops of ricotta cheese overtop and then season ricotta lightly with salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly with Pecorino cheese. Top with tomato slices, covering the top, overlapping just slightly (about 9 slices). Season tomatoes with salt and pepper then drizzle lightly with a bit more olive oil.
- Remove hot baking sheet from oven. Carefully transfer tart, on parchment, onto the hot baking sheet. Place into the 400F oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully pull the parchment paper out from under the tart. Return to the oven and bake another 3-5 minutes, or until the underside and edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 5-10 minutes. Scatter sliced fresh basil over-top. Slice and enjoy!
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.7/5 based on 158 customer reviews