Easy Strawberry Pot Pie | #Strawberrypierecipeeasy #Butterscotchricekrispietreats #Blueberrypiewithcrumbtopping #Freshstrawberrypie #Specialkbarswithricekrispies #Strawberrydesserts #Lemoniceboxpie #Chocolatepieeasy #Jellocoolwhipdessert #Summerdesserts #Piesrecipeseasy #Strawberrypretzeldessert
Easy Strawberry Pot Pie
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 1 cup white sugar increase to 1 1/4 cups for less sweet berries
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 large egg mixed with 1 tsp water, for brushing pastry before baking
- White, turbinado or coarse sugar, for topping before baking optional
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups strawberries halved or quartered, if large
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy clean-up!). Set aside.
- Place baking pan or pans on prepared baking sheet (8 or 9-inch baking pan, deep pie dish, one 8-inch cast iron skillet or three 5-inch mini skillets.)
- In a large bowl, stir together the strawberries, sugar and flour. Spoon the berry mixture into baking pan or divide among several smaller pans. Top with butter (dividing between multiple pans, if using).
- For one large pan, lay sheet of puff pastry over-top. Cut several slits in the middle. For several smaller pans, either cut circles to fit top, or cut pastry into random pieces and lay randomly over-top. Brush top of pastry with egg/water mixture. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes, or until strawberry mixture is bubbly and puff pastry is puffed and golden. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before eating (filling is hot right out of the oven!)
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.8/5 based on 505 customer reviews