Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting | #Homemadecupcakerecipes #Homemadechocolatecupcakes #Chocolateicingrecipe #Chocolatecreamcheeseicing #Chocolatefrostingrecipe #Ketocreamcheesefrosting #Chocolatebuttercreamfrosting #Buttercreamfrostingrecipe #Bestchocolatefrosting #Homemadechocolateicing #Pipablecreamcheesefrosting #Cupcakefrosting
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons whipping cream as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- In a large bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer until fluffy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Beat in the cream cheese until evenly combined. Then add in the vanilla extract & salt.
- In a separate bowl sift together the cocoa powder & powdered sugar. Whisk them gently.
- With the mixer on low speed, carefully beat the cocoa & powdered sugar into the butter mixture.
- Once it's almost combined turn the mixer up to medium speed & continue beating until combined.
- If the frosting seems too thick or sweet, optionally add in 1-2 tablespoons of whipping cream. If it isn't sweet enough mix in a little more powdered sugar, about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag to decorate cupcakes (I used a 1M tip), or frost with a flat knife.
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.9/5 based on 820 customer reviews