17 Healthy Grain Bowls You Should Make For Dinner | #Healthygrains #Grainbowl #Cookingrecipes #Dinnerrecipes #Healthybowls #Delicioushealthy #Grainbowlshealthy #Dinnerbowlshealthy #Powerbowlslunch #Lunchbowlshealthy #Grainbowlrecipe #Cookingrecipes
17 Healthy Grain Bowls You Should Make For Dinner
- 2–3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers, any color, sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jar salsa
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, divided
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- 3. Place the chicken, peppers, and onions on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- 4. Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- 5. Salt and pepper the peppers and onions, tossing to coat.
- 6. Top each chicken breast with a generous pour of salsa.
- 7. Bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- 8. Rest chicken for 10 minutes, before slicing into strips.
- 9. Add a base of brown rice to 4 food storage containers. Top each with a scoop of black beans, corn, additional salsa, cheddar cheese, cooked peppers and onions, and sliced chicken. Garnish with fresh cilantro and a lime wedge.
- 10. Store in the refrigerator (and enjoy any extras immediately). Can be kept refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- 11. Meal-prep FTW! Enjoy!