- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped thyme
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl.
- Blanch brussels sprouts: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts and cook until bright green and very tender, about 10 minutes. Add brussels sprouts to ice bath to cool then drain.
- On a large baking sheet, toss blanched brussels sprouts with olive oil, garlic and thyme. Using the end of a small glass or mason jar, press down on the brussels sprouts to smash them into a flat patty. Season each smashed brussels sprout with salt and pepper, then sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Bake until the bottoms of the sprouts are crispy and the cheese is melted and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.