SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN
SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN | #Sweetandsourchickeneasy #Sweetandsourchickencrockpot #Chinesesweetandsourchicken #Quickchickenrecipes #Chinesefoodrecipes #Sweetandsoursauceeasy #Quickchickenrecipes #Sweetandsourchickeneasy #Crockpotrecipes
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 1 1/4 pound chicken (cut into bite size pieces)
- 3/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs (whisked) FOR THE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar (distilled vinegar will work too)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Place the chicken, corn starch, salt, pepper and garlic salt in a large ziplock bag and shake until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture and place in the frying pan with a fork. I did half the batch first. Fry both sides of the chicken for about 2 minutes a piece and place chicken on the pan. Dispose of the burnt oil and then heat up the rest of the oil and finish the chicken.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce. Next, pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes. Pull the chicken out and flip the chicken to evenly coat it with sauce. Then bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and vegetables. Enjoy!