SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE | #Easypotatorecipes #Potatoesaugratineasy #Cheesypotatocasserole #Homemadescallopedpotatoes #Goldenpotatorecipes #Homemadescallopedpotatoeseasy #Chickencasserolerecipes #Leftoverchickenrecipes #Brunchfoods #Blueberryfrenchtoastcasserole #Strawberryfrenchtoastcasserole #Healthyraspberryrecipes
SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE
- 2 pounds potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 8x8 or 7x10 pan. Then line half of the potatoes on the bottom of the pan.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Let cook another minute.
- Turn heat to medium low. Slowly whisk in the milk and whisk until smooth. Bring to a light simmer to allow to thicken. Then stir in 3/4 cup cheese until melted and remove from heat.
- Pour half of the sauce over the potatoes. Then sprinkle about 1/2 cup cheese over top. Line the remaining potatoes over top. Then add the remaining sauce and cheese over top.
- Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender an the top is golden brown.
Recipe has been adapted from >>>>> here
Rated 4.9/5 based on 430 customer reviews