No Bake Easter Chocolate Pie | #Crockpotham #M&mcookies #Cookingrecipes #Easterdessertsrecipes #Chocolatedesserts #Chocolatepierecipes #Cheeseballrecipes #Creamcheesedesserts #Easterbaking #Eastergoodies #Holidaydesserts #Easterbrunch
No Bake Easter Chocolate Pie
- Rice Krispie Crust:
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 7 oz. mini marshmallows
- 4 cups rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- ½ cup M&M candies
- 1/4 cup confetti sprinkles
- Chocolate Pie filling:
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 ¼ cups whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate-finely chopped (or chocolate chips)
- 2 cups whipped cream
- M&M candies, confetti sprinkles and white chocolate shavings-for garnish
- Spray 10 x 2 inches glass pie dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl stir together rice cereals, M&M candies and confetti sprinkles, set aside.
- Grease large heatproof bowl with nonstick spray and place over a pot of simmering water. Add 3 Tablespoons of salted butter and mini marshmallows. Stir with a rubber spatula until completely melted (grease spatula with nonstick spray, too). Remove from heat.
- Stir in the cereals until it is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture. Press into bottom and sides of prepared pie dish. Press cereals with greased bottom of measuring cup. Place in the fridge to firm.
- To make chocolate filling, whisk egg yolks and milk, set aside.
- In a saucepan stir sugar and corn starch. Add milk and egg mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate, vanilla and softened butter. Sir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature, then pour spread into rice krispie crust. Place in the fridge and chill at least 4-5 hours or overnight until chocolate filling is completely set.
- Before serving top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shavings, sprinkles and M&M candies.
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.5/5 based on 454 customer reviews