Mushroom Burger Casserole | #Mushroomandswissburgercasserole #Sloppyjoecornbreadcasserole #Cookingrecipes #Dinnerrecipes #Healthyrecipes #Vegetablerecipes #Bubbleuprecipes #Countryfarmchickencasserole #Groundbeefandhashbrownrecipes #Chickendumplingcasserole #Groundbeefrecipescasserole #Ketosloppyjoecasserole
Mushroom Burger Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16 oz.) package potato dumplings or gnocchi
- 8 oz. baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Melt butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion and mushrooms for 6-8 minutes, or until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, then season with Italian seasoning.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned, then drain fat, if necessary, and mix in Worcestershire sauce, cream of mushroom soup and heavy whipping cream.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes, giving flavors a chance to blend, then stir in potato dumplings and cook for another 5 minutes. (Note: if not enough space in skillet, combine in 9x13 and mix together.)
- Transfer mixture to greased baking dish and top with Swiss cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
Recipe has been adapted from >>>>> here
Rated 4.6/5 based on 134 customer reviews