Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes | #Goodhumorstrawberryshortcaketrifle #Roundsteakandgravy #Dinnerideasfamilymaindishes #Strawberryshortcakeoreotrifle #Dessertrecipes #Dinnerrecipesforfamilymaindishes #Shrimprecipes #Sweetpotatorecipes #Tofustirfry #Shrimptacos #Blackbeanenchiladas #Seafooddinner
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned black beans drained & rinsed
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil to garnish:
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado mashed
- Hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and prick with a fork. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and pepper and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, quinoa, black beans and spices and cook 2 - 3 more minutes.
- When sweet potatoes are fork tender, remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice in half and place each half on a plate. Top with quinoa mixture, avocado and a drizzle of both tahini and hot sauce. Finish with a sprinkle of cilantro and enjoy!
Recipe has been adapted from >>>>> here
Rated 4.8/5 based on 1221 customer reviews