Mexican Lasagna | #Mexicanlasagnarecipe #Chickenrecipes #Tacocasserolebake #Mexicanlasagnawithtortillas #Shreddedbeefrecipes #Quickandeasydinnerrecipes #Mexicanfoodrecipes #Mexicanlasagnarecipe #Chickenandricecasserolerecipes #Quesadillarecipeschicken #Tostadarecipes #Cheesychickenandricecasserole
- 2 lbs. 93% or 96% lean ground beef
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 4 oz. can chopped green chilies
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning or Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 8-oz. bags Colby Jack cheese shredded, divided use
- 16 oz. box uncooked lasagna noodles
- 24 oz. jar Pace mild or medium chunky salsa divided use (or your favorite salsa)
- 2 cups water see note below
- 16 oz. ctn. sour cream
- 2.25 oz. can ripe olives sliced, drained, for garnish
- 3 green onions chopped, for garnish
- 3 small roma tomatoes chopped, for garnish
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the beans, chilies, taco seasoning and 2 heaping tablespoonfuls salsa; mix well.
- Heat through over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- In a well greased 9x13” baking dish, spread at least a cup of the meat mixture on the bottom to prevent noodles from sticking.
- Layer a row of four noodles and spread with one-third of the remaining beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Combine remaining salsa and water; pour over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and a half, or until noodles test fork tender.
- Uncover; top with sour cream, then cheese, then olives, then onions, and finally tomatoes.
- Bake 5-15 minutes longer—until cheese melts.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes before cutting.
RECIPE ADAPTED >>>>> here
Rated 4.3/5 based on 121 customer reviews