Meatball Zucchini Boats | Was yummy and different. Best zucchini ever. Will definetly make again 😉👍 #Lowcarbmeals #Ketodinnerrecipes #Cleaneatingrecipes #Healthydinnerrecipes #Meatballzucchiniboats #Glutenfreerecipes #Buffalochickenthighs #Ketochickenthighrecipes #Ketosnacksonthego #Lowcarbsnacks #Ketodietforbeginners #Ketosouprecipes
Meatball Zucchini Boats
- 3 -4 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 c. marinara sauce (use sugar-free if you're keto!)
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350°. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out insides into a large bowl. Place in a shallow baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until mostly tender. Remove from oven and turn broiler to high.
- Make meatballs: In a large bowl, mix together beef, parsley, egg, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. Form into 24 meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Add meatballs in a single layer and sear on all sides until a nice crispy crust develops, about 2 minutes per side.
- Pour marinara around the meatballs and stir until the meatballs are fully sauced. Simmer for 10 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fill zucchini boats with meatballs and top with mozzarella. Broil until cheese is melty, 3 to 5 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley and serve hot.