This keto-friendly version of Mexican chicken enchiladas using zucchini instead of tortillas will be a tasty low-carb dinner for you and your family.
Low Carb Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup chicken meat cooked and shredded
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup enchilada sauce divided
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Topping for serving (optional)
- full-fat yogurt for serving
- fresh parsley chopped (for serving)
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in the frying pan, add onion and cook until lightly brown. Add minced garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper, shredded chicken and 2/3 cup of enchilada sauce. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut zucchini into thin slices using vegetable peeler. Arrange 4 slices on a cutting board with the edges overlapping. Put 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture, roll up and transfer to the greased baking dish. Repeat with the remaining zucchini slices and chicken mixture.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolls and top with shredded cheeses.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Serve topped with full-fat yogurt and chopped parsley.
Recipe has been adapted from >>>>> here
Rated 4.7/5 based on 879 customer reviews