LITTLE LEMONIES | #Lemonpoundcake #Lemoncakemixrecipes #Lemoniesrecipe #Lemonblueberrycake #Dessertrecipes #Sweetrecipes #Lemoncakemixrecipes #Lemoniesrecipe #Browniebites #Lemondessertseasy #Lemonbites #Lemonbrowniesrecipe
- LEMON BATTER:
- 1 cup (5 ounces/142 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (5.5 ounces/155 grams) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (from 1 large lemon)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract LEMON GLAZE:
- 3/4 cup (2.75 ounces/75 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8X8-inch aluminum baking pan with parchment so that it hangs over two of the edges (to lift out the bars later - alternately, you can just grease the pan really well and slice them in the pan) and lightly coat the pan and parchment with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl or in a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the butter, eggs and egg yolk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs (the top of the bars should spring back lightly when gently pressed). Don't over bake or they might be dry.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth and combined.
- After the bars have cooled completely in the pan, drizzle the glaze over the top (since the glaze layer is thin, it helps to pour it all across the bars instead of in one puddle before spreading) and use an offset spatula or knife to spread evenly over the bars.
- Place the bars in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to let the glaze set before lifting them from the pan (using the parchment overhang) and cutting into small squares. These taste best chilled, in my opinion, but can be served at room temperature also.
Recipe has been adapted from >>>>> here
Rated 4.9/5 based on 230 customer reviews