Greek Chicken Traybake | #Greekchickenrecipes #Mediterraneanrecipes #Greekfoodrecipes #Greekchickenmarinadeyogurt #Bakedgreekchicken #Greekchickenandpotatoes #Greekchicken #Mediterraneandietrecipes #Greekfood #Ricesidedishrecipes #Sundaydinnerideas #Greekdinnerrecipes
Greek Chicken Traybake
- 1 red pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into eighths
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 lemon
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut in half or 4 chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2/3 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped feta (omit for Paleo/Whole30)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 degrees Fahrenheit)
- In a large baking sheet or roasting tray, add the chopped peppers, red onion slices, artichoke hearts, lemon wedges and tomatoes.
- In a bowl whisk together the garlic, olive oill, vinegar, paprika and thyme. Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the veggies, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until well coated. Place the chicken pieces on top of the veggies and brush sauce. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, add in the feta, chopped basil and olives. Pour the remaining sauce over the tray and return to the oven to bake for another 5-10 minutes. Check the chicken to ensure its no longer pink. Sprinkle with basil and serve.