Creamy Tuscan Chicken (LOW CARB) | Meatloafrecipespioneerwoman Goodhumorstrawberryshortcaketrifle Butterswimbiscuits Blueberrycheesecakecrumbcake Fallrecipes Dessertrecipes Ketomealprepforbeginners Easyketomealsforbeginners Healthymealpreponabudget Ketomealprepforbeginnersonabudget Howtomealprepforbeginners Howtostartketodieteatingplans
Creamy Tuscan Chicken (LOW CARB)
- 1 1/2 pounds (700 grams) large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4 fillets (I use 2 large breasts -- 12 oz or 350 grams each)
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 3/4 teaspoon black cracked pepper (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil or olive oil, divided For The Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic 6 cloves
- 5 oz 150g jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil drained (reserve 3 tablespoons of oil for cooking)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups heavy or thickened cream (or evaporated milk for lower calorie/fat)
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley to serve
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the reserved sun dried tomato oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken for 6-8 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through (work in batches if your pan isn't large enough). Transfer to a warm plate; set aside.
- Add the remaining oil into the pan and fry the garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds to 1 minute), then add in the sun dried tomatoes. Fry for 1-2 min
- utes to release their flavours. Mix the Dijon through all of the flavours. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream (or evaporated milk) and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, then add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add the chicken back into the pan; top with parsley and serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.