Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Gnocchi | #Veganrecipeseasy #Lentilrecipes #Veganrecipesdinner #Meatlessmeals #Vegetarianrecipeshealthy #Veggierecipes #Comfortfood #Gnocchirecipeseasy #Vegangnocchirecipes #Pestodishes #Pestorecipesdinner #Pestognocchirecipes
Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 12 ounces portobello mushrooms chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 dashes Italian seasoning
- 1 heaping teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 pound uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1 generous handful baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley chopped, to taste
- Add the olive oil to a skillet on medium high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. It's ok if it becomes lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Dijon mustard and white wine. Let it bubble for a minute or so.
- Add the cream and gnocchi. Wait until it starts to bubble again, then cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, cover the pan again, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan and season with salt & pepper. Give it a taste; gnocchi should be soft. If not, continue to cook for another few minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately with more parmesan cheese grated over top if desired.