Coconut Cheesecake Bars | #7layerbars #Lemonbarsrecipe #Snickerdoodlecheesecakebars #Dessertrecipesvideos #Lemonsquares #Coconutcheesecakebars #Sweetrecipes #Dessertbars #Yummysweets #Cookingrecipes #Deliciousdesserts #Cheesecakerecipes
Coconut Cheesecake Bars
- For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted For the Coconut Cheesecake Bars:
- 3 (8 ounce) packages full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs + 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (the thick variety!)
- 1 and 1/4 cups finely shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened) For the Coconut Mousse:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut cream (the thick variety)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 4 ounces full-fat cream cheese, softened
- toasted coconut, for garnish
- For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, allowing two of the sides to overlap (you want an overhang of at least 2-inches on two sides) and spray lightly with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter and, using a rubber spatula, mix well to combine. Press the mixture into the bottom - and slightly up the sides - of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven and set aside on a cooling rack until needed.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees (F).
- For the Coconut Cheesecake Bars:
- In the body of a high power blender, food processor, stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand held electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sour cream until completely smooth.
- Add sugar and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Add in the eggs and yolks and beat until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the coconut extract and coconut cream. Fold in the shredded coconut, mixing just until combined.
- Pour filling on top of prepared crust, and spread evenly.
- Check to ensure your oven has cooled to 325°F, then place the pan in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges have set and the middle is still a little jiggly. The cheesecake bars will firm up a lot as they cool.
- Remove the bars from the oven, and cool at room temperature for one hour. Then refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- When you're ready to serve: use the foil overhang to lift the cheesecake bars from the pan and transfer them to a cutting board. Top with coconut cream, then, using a large, sharp knife, slice the slab into squares, wiping the knife clean with a damp cloth between slices. Serve at once.
- For the Coconut Mousse:
- Add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, coconut cream, and coconut extract to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whip on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Set whipped cream aside. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until completely smooth.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese, stirring until well combined.
- Remove cheesecake from the pan, then top with the mousse.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve!