Vegan Crack Chilli Tofu Noodle Bowl | #Veggierecipes #Veganrecipeseasy #Vegetariandishes #Vegetarianrecipeshealthy #Veganmealprep #Buddhabowl #Cookingrecipes #Healthyrecipes #Veggierecipes #Tofurecipes #Dinnerrecipes #Vegetariandishes
Vegan Crack Chilli Tofu Noodle Bowl
- 12 oz rice noodles
- 16 oz extra firm tofu, cubed Before you prep it, swaddle the tofu in paper towels and place in a colander with a heavy weight on it for a few minutes before cooking to remove excess liquid. If you're short on time, place the block of tofu in a microwave-safe dish and zap for four minutes, flipping over once. Drain out the water that collects in the dish when you flip the tofu.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp coriander seed powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp (or more) sriracha
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups chopped vegetables to serve, like spring onions or scallions, bell peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, leafy greens, or carrots.
- Place a large pot of water on the stove for the noodles and cook them according to package directions. Drain the noodles and wash them under cold, running water.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the oil in a skillet and brown the tofu cubes on all sides over high heat.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients except the cornstarch in a bowl and whisk together to mix.
- Lower the heat and add the sauce to the tofu. Cook over low heat, stirring, until the liquid has evaporated. Continue cooking for a couple more minutes, stirring the tofu frequently.
- Add the cornstarch mixed in water and scrape up any bits at the bottom of the skillet. Turn off the heat when most of the liquid is gone.
- To serve the bowls, place the chilli tofu on a bed of rice noodles and add some veggies.
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.8/5 based on 677 customer reviews