Vanilla Buckwheat Protein Pancakes | #Fudgeswirledoreobottomcheesecake #Groundmeatrecipes #cookies #Recipeswithhamburgermeat #Cookingrecipes #Dessertrecipes #Cookingrecipes #Breakfastrecipes #Crockpotchicken #Healthybreakfast #Dinnerrecipes #Pancakeshealthy
- 3 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp vanilla protein powder *
- 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon - OPTIONAL
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut milk - carton, not canned. You can substitute in your preferred milk!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- extra olive oil, butter or coconut oil for frying Toppings
- fresh fruit
- maple syrup or honey
- nut butter or tahini
- Place buckwheat flour, protein powder, coconut flour and baking powder (and cinnamon, if using) in a mixing bowl and lightly whisk them together.
- Add the egg and 75mL coconut milk to the same mixing bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until they start to form a smooth batter. If the batter is too thick, add a little extra milk.
- As you're whisking, add in the teaspoon of olive oil and continue to mix. You should end up with a thick, shiny batter, about the texture of a thick custard.
- Heat a small nonstick pan up to a low heat on the stove. Add a teaspoon of olive oil (or another cooking fat). Scoop in about three heaped tablespoons of the batter, gently smoothing it out a little to form a pancake shape.
- Cook for approximately 1 and 1/2 - 2 minutes, or until just a few bubbles poke through the surface, then flip and cook for another minute. (You want to flip them as soon as you are able to, to avoid burning).
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter; you should make 3-4 pancakes. Add a little extra oil to the pan as needed as you cook. Serve immediately with toppings of your choice (you can also refrigerate or freeze the pancakes and heat them up again later).
recipe adapted >>>>> here
Rated 4.8/5 based on 877 customer reviews