Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings | #Slowcookerrecipes #Easydinnerrecipes #Healthydinnerrecipes #Crockpotmeals #Bbqideas #Hotwingsrecipe #Asianchickenwings #Friedchickenwings #Saltandvinegarchickenwings #Asianwingsrecipe #Stickywings #Bakedchickenwingsbuffalo
Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper For the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Dry the chicken wings thoroughly with paper towels, pressing down hard to remove as much excess moisture as possible.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl; set aside. In a small bowl combine the melted butter, sesame oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Pour this mixture over the wings and using your hands, toss well to coat. Spread the wings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the wings until browned and crisp; 50-55 minutes, using tongues to flip them over halfway.
- In the meantime, make the sauce.
- For the sauce :
- Melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat. Once it's melted, add the crushed red pepper and ginger; cook for a minute, then add in the honey, Sriracha, soy sauce, lime juice, and vinegar. Bring the mixture to light boil, stirring constantly, then stir in the cornstarch; cook just until thickened up - about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the wings have finished baking, carefully remove the tray from the oven and set aside. Increase the oven temperature to the broiler setting. Carefully remove the wings from the baking sheet and transfer to a large, heatproof bowl. Pour the warm sauce over the wings and gently toss to coat. Drain any excess oil from the baking sheet, then transfer the wings back to the prepared sheet and place the pan in the oven for 4-5 minutes. Stay near your oven during this time; the broiler acts fast. Carefully remove wings from the oven and transfer them to a large serving platter. Sprinkle the wings with sesame seeds, cilantro, and more honey (if desired); serve with lime wedges and lots of napkins.