- 16 ounces unsweetened vanilla coconut milk (we like So Delicious)
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Tiny pinch of black pepper & ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. honey (substitute maple syrup for a vegan option)
- 2–3 tsp. coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, warm coconut just to the point of a light simmer.
- Add cocoa, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, pepper, honey or maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Whisk vigorously or use a handheld immersion blender to combine.
- Top with optional non-dairy whipped topping and a sprinkling of grated dark chocolate, if desired