SICILIAN CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE
SICILIAN CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE | #Easypeachcobblerwithfreshpeaches #Cheeseburgerdip #Peachcobblerwithcannedpeaches #Easyfreshpeachrecipes #Peachcobblerwithcakemix #Cannedpeachcobblerrecipe #Chickensouprecipes #Carrabbaschickensoup #Poblanopepperrecipes #Sicilianchickensoupcarrabbas #Tuscanysoupolivegarden #Mamamandola'ssicilianchickensoup
- 2 1/2 lbs. split chicken breast with ribs, skin removed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled + diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored + diced
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled + diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes (I used no salt added)
- 2 dry bay leaves
- 2 large (or 4 small) garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry ditalini pasta
- salt and pepper
- In a large soup pot, at least 6-quart, combine chicken, onions, celery, carrots, bell pepper, potatoes, garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, and salt.
- Add chicken stock and water. Season to taste with black pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and easily falling off the bones. Remove chicken from the pot with a pair of tongs.
- Add pasta to the soup pot and continue cooking for 13-15 minutes, partially covered, until pasta is tender. Don’t forget to stir the soup couple times so the pasta does not stick.
- Meanwhile shred the chicken with two forks, discarding the skin and bones. Return shredded chicken to the pot. At this point, the soup will almost be done. Taste the veggies, especially the potatoes for doneness.
- Discard the bay leaves. Stir in parsley and serve
RECIPE ADAPTED >>>>> here
Rated 3.5/5 based on 87 customer reviews