Refreshing Blood Orange Coconut Sorbet
Refreshing Blood Orange Coconut Sorbet | #Frozendesserts #Sorbeticecream #Frozenyogurt #Icecreampopsicles #Homemadeicecream #Icecreamdesserts #Redvelveticecream #Darkchocolatesorbet #Peachsorbetrecipe #Frozendesserts #Dessertrecipes #Icecreampopsicles
- medium blood oranges - 6-8
- organic cane sugar - 3/4
- water - 1/4
- freshly squeezed lime juice - 1 tablespoon, or to taste
- light coconut milk - 3/4 cup
- 1. In a small saucepan combine the water and sugar.
- 2. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking to dissolve the sugar.
- 3. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for a few minutes until it becomes syrupy. Remove from the heat an let cool.
- 4. Peel the skin of the oranges. Place the oranges into a blander and process until smooth. You'll get around 1 - 1 1/4 cups of liquid.
- 5. In a mixing bowl combine the syrup, blood orange juice, lime juice, and coconut milk. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap.
- 6. Cill the mixture in a refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- 7. Pour the cold sorbet mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 8. You can serve the soft sorbet right away, or transfer it into an ice cream container and freeze until needed.