- FOR THE CRUST
- 2 1/2 cups (250 g) Oreo cookie crumbs, about 30 cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- FOR THE FILLING
- 24 ounces (680 g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (600 g) Nutella
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) confectioners’ sugar
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 4 ounces (113 g) semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups (120 g) roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
MAKE THE CRUST
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Mix until crumbs are well coated with butter.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom and on inch up the sides of the prepared pan. Set in the freezer while you make the filling.
MAKE THE FILLING
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with a handheld electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and mix on low speed until the sugar is moistened. Then turn the speed up to medium and continue mixing until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Nutella and mix on medium speed until well incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread to the edges of the pan. This filling will be very thick and sticky. Set in the freezer while you make the topping.
MAKE THE TOPPING
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Pour the warm cream over the chocolate in a bowl and let stand for 3 minutes. Whisk until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Spread the ganache over the cheesecake. Sprinkle the top with chopped hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake overnight, about 6-8 hours.
- Just before serving, gently run a knife around the outer edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan. Then remove the sides of the springform pan.
MAKE AHEAD TIP
- The cheesecake will keep for up to 1 week covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator.
- The cheesecake will keep for up to 2 months covered tightly and stored in the freezer. Cut frozen and let the slices sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes before serving.