Mexican Chocolate Cake & Ganache | #Concharecipe #Pandulce #Mexicanfoodrecipesauthentic #Mexicanfudge #Cheesecaketaquitos #Mexicanhotchocolatecookies #Treslechescake #Tacoparty #Mexicandessertrecipes #Churrocupcakes #Cincodemayopartyideas #Mexicancakeideas
Mexican Chocolate Cake & Ganache
- FOR CAKE:
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon NESCAFÉ® TASTER'S CHOICE® Instant Coffee
- 2 tabs NESTLÉ ABUELITA chopped
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttemilk
- 1/2 cup butter at room temp
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract FOR GANACHE:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tab NESTLÉ ABUELITA
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease and flour a tube pan.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and stir in NESCAFÉ® TASTER'S CHOICE® Instant Coffee. Add in chopped NESTLÉ ABUELITA chunks and whisk until dissolved. Remove from heat, set aside.
- In a a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Add buttermilk, butter, eggs, vanilla and (warm not hot) NESTLÉ ABUELITA mixture. Using electric mixers, beat for 3-4 minutes or until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour batter into tube pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool cake on wire rack for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, carefully remove cake from tube pan. Finish cooling before frosting.
- FOR GANACHE:
- In a saucepan, bring heavy cream to a light boil.
- Add chopped NESTLÉ ABUELITA, whisk until completely melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add chocolate chips to cream mixture. Let chocolate chips rest/melt for a few minutes.
- Whisk until completely smooth.
- Transfer ganache to a small bowl and refrigerate until creamy and thickened. I occasionally whisk it with a fork while cooling. 45 minutes - 1 hour should get you the desired consistency to frost with.
- *Note* It's been recommended to use a mixer & whip ganache if you are having problems getting it to set up to desired consistency.
- Frost cake and enjoy.
- Store covered at room temperature.