Macerated Strawberries and Cream Crepes
Macerated Strawberries and Cream Crepes | #Creamcheesebuttercreamfrosting #Creamcheesefrostingforcupcakes #Sweetcreamcheesefilling #Pipeablecreamcheesefrosting #Breakfastcrepes #Vanillacreamcheesefrosting #Breakfastideas #Crepesrecipefilling #Sweetcreamcheesefilling #Breakfastcrepes #Crepeswithcreamcheesefilling #Strawberrycrepesrecipe
- Macerated Strawberries and Cream:
- 2 cups strawberries , washed and divided
- 2 tablespoons natural sweetener or sugar of choice
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Cointreau (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat cooking cream (Philadelphia) or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons (extra) sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Crepes
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil/ (or reduced fat butter, melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cup skim/low fat or almond milk
- 1 cup plain; light spelt or all-purpose flour
- For strawberries. :
- Cut the strawberries into quarters. Combine the strawberries into a bowl with the sweetener or sugar and Cointreau, and mix to coat evenly and set aside for 15 minutes. While strawberries are soaking up the liqueur, prepare your crepes
- For Crepes :
- Option 1: Throw all Crepes ingredients into a Bullet or Blender and blend until batter is lump free and creamy.
- Option 2: Whisk eggs, oil/butter, vanilla, sugar and milk until light in colour. Add the flour and whisk again until batter is lump free.
- Grease a good quality 8-inch non-stick pan with cooking oil (or a thin layer of butter) and wipe over with a paper towel. Pour ¼ cup of batter per crepe onto the center of pan, while swirling and lifting the pan to evenly coat the base and create a thin layer. Cook until the crepe is set and the edges begin to change golden in colour.
- Gently peel the edges away from the pan (I use my fingers but a spatula will do the trick) and flip to cook the underside for a further 20-30 seconds. When cooked through, remove onto a separate plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- For Strawberries And Cream :
- Once the Crepes are done, combine the cream/yogurt, the (extra) sweetener/sugar, and the vanilla. Chop half of the the macerated strawberries into smaller pieces (optional) and mix through the cream mix until just combined. Spread the Strawberries And Cream mixture onto a quarter of each crepe and fold in half, and then in half again. Stack them; top with remaining macerated strawberries and dust with icing sugar.