Caramel Cake | #Chocolateeclaircakenobake #Carmelcakerecipe #Nobakechocolateeclairdessert #Cinnamonrollshomemadeeasy #Chocolateeclairrecipe #Yellowcakerecipe #Caramelcakerecipe #Birthdaycakeformen #Yellowcakerecipe #Saltedcaramelcakerecipe #Carameldripcake #Carmelcakerecipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3¼ cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1¼ cups milk I used whole milk Frosting
- 1 cup butter divided
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Spray three 8-inch pans generously with baking spray and flour. Cut circles of parchment paper or wax paper to fit pans and place one in the bottom of each pan.
- Combine cake flour, baking powder, and salt together; set aside.
- (If you are using the extra fine cake flour you won't need to sift the flour, if not put the flour, baking powder and salt through a sifter.)
- Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and then eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately in 3 batches, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake until golden, 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes; invert cakes onto a cooling rack; let cool completely.
- Brush off crumbs from sides and top of cake.
- Place one cake layer on a plate or cake stand.
- Add icing and spread to cover. Repeat with remaining layers.
- Frost entire cake with a generous layer of icing.
- Frosting :
- Place 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar and evaporated milk into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir. Return to microwave and cook on high for 2-3 more minutes or until the mixture is smooth and no longer gritty. Can also be done in a saucepan on the stovetop. Heat until ingredients are combined and no longer gritty.
- Cool mixture for 15 minutes.
- Place in mixer and add in powdered sugar and mix on low until incorporated.
- Turn to medium high and mix for another minute.
- Add in 1/2 cup of softened butter and vanilla and mix on medium high for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Frosting should be a nice spreadable consistency. Add more milk if too stiff or more sugar if too thin.
- Frost cake.