Bananas Foster Cupcakes
Bananas Foster Cupcakes | #Turtlecheesecakerecipes #Keylimecheesecakerecipe #Samoacheesecakerecipe #Samoacake #Dessertrecipescheesecake #Bananasfostercake #Dessertcupcakes #Cupcakecookies #Yummycupcakes #Cupcakemuffins #Cakerecipes #Cupcakefrosting
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box butter pecan cake mix, Betty Crocker
- 2 cups mashed banana, about 3 small
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon Praline Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons praline liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 18 muffin cups with liners. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cake mix, water, 2 cups mashed banana, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla for 2 minutes. Divide batter between muffin cups, filling almost to the top. (They won't rise much due to the bananas.)
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
- To make frosting, beat butter with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Mix together banana and lemon juice. Add to mixer and beat until incorporated into butter.
- With mixer on low, add brown sugar and then powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- Beat in rum, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Use an offset spatula or pastry bag fitted with a large star tip to frost cupcakes.
- To make praline sauce, melt butter in a medium skillet over low heat.
- Add light brown sugar and cinnamon, turn heat to medium and cook 3 to 4 minutes stirring constantly.
- Turn heat to low and add dark rum, praline liqueur, and salt. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add banana slices and remove from heat. Cool to room temperature before drizzling on cupcakes.