Baked Chipotle Honey Lime Hot Wings | #Cookingrecipes #Healthysuperbowlsnacks #Superbowlsnacksappetizers #Superbowlpartysnacks #Appetizersforparty #Fingerfoods #Chickendrumsticksinthecrockpot #Caramelapples #Dessertrecipesvideos #Halloweentreats #Falldesserts #Crockpotdrumsticks
Baked Chipotle Honey Lime Hot Wings
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper Honey Lime Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice whisked with 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 - 1 1/2 teaspoons Frank's hot WINGS Sauce not Frank's original
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Top baking sheet with baking rack/oven proof cooling rack and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together Rub Ingredients. Add half of the Rub to a large freezer bag. Add half of the wings and shake until coated evenly. Line wings on prepared baking rack so they are not touching (they will be snug). Add remaining Rub ingredients and wings to freezer bag and repeat.
- Bake on upper middle rack for 45-50 minutes at 400 F degrees. Move oven rack approximately 6-8" from broiler and turn oven to Broil. Broil to desired crispiness, watching closely so they don't burn! Optional - for extra crispiness, flip chicken wings over and broil the other side until crispy.
- While wings are cooling, melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Whisk in remaining Honey Lime Hot Sauce ingredients** and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce to a simmer until slightly thickened, approximately 1 minute. Taste and add additional hot sauce for spicier sauces/more honey for sweeter.
- Add cooked chicken to a large bowl and gently toss with Honey Lime Hot Sauce with a spatula OR serve Honey Lime Hot Sauce as a dip